Orthodontics provides an outlet for me to express my skills and my passion. For me, there is no career that could be as fulfilling as orthodontics. I see my work as an intersection between art and science. I love working with my patients, staff, and colleagues every day to provide outstanding orthodontic care.
- Bachelor of Science in biochemistry and Bachelor of Arts in English – University of Florida and Eastern Michigan University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Georgetown University
- Certificate in orthodontics and master’s degree – University of Detroit Mercy
As a member of the Spear Study Club, I attend numerous continuing education events every year. I also belong to several online study groups, which have become increasingly more active in recent years, and I’ve been a member of the Polk County Cleft Palate team for 30 years.
Family and Community
My wife Michelle and I were married after college. We are very proud of our three adult sons: Jonathan, Patrick, and Paul. We are lucky to have two beautiful grandchildren, Robert and Ellen.
In my free time, I might be found in the sky pursuing my passion for flying. My plane of choice is a Piper Cub. When I’m not in the air, I enjoy playing fingerstyle guitar and traveling.
Giving back to our local community is important to me. I provide orthodontic treatment to underprivileged patients through programs such as Give Kids a Smile, the Florida Dental Association’s Project Dentists Care, and the Traviss Dental Program at the Lakeland Volunteers in Medicine dental clinic.
- American College of Dentistry, fellow
- Polk County Dental Association
- West Coast Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Florida Orthodontic Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Cleft Palate Association
- American Cleft Palate Association
- American Board of Orthodontics